The Magellan Connection: Partnering with PCPs
Magellan Healthcare® is contracted to perform behavioral health managed care functions supporting members and participants for the following Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas HMO networks; Blue Advantage HMO SM, Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO SM, Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Dual Care (HMO SNP) SM and MyBlue Health SM. Magellan offers access to a variety of resources and services that can assist you in enhancing medical and behavioral outcomes for your patients.
- Access Magellan's Practitioner Toolkit for behavioral health resources. This online resource is:
- Designed to give medical practitioners the information and screening tools needed to assist in making behavioral health referrals.
- A tool that allows the PCP and the behavioral health professional to improve the safety and efficacy of services collaboratively while focusing on better outcomes for members. Offering numerous platforms and tools for standardizing and streamlining effective collaborative relationship such as:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- HEDIS Quality Measure Information Specific to Behavioral Health
- Diagnostic Screening Tools; and
- Community Resources
HEDIS is a registered trademark of NCQA. Use of this resource is subject to NCQA's copyright, found here . The NCQA HEDIS measure specification has been adjusted pursuant to NCQA's Rules for Allowable Adjustments of HEDIS. The adjusted measure specification may be used only for quality improvement purposes.